Corte Altavilla and Cantine Polvanera join forces to provide their guests with the best possible hospitality experience.
Corte Altavilla's guests can enjoy a range of certified organic wines as early as from lunch time, as well as during a most enjoyable dinner accompanied by a selection of the best wines of Polvanera at Goffredo's, the Osteria on our terrace.
The very best of dairy products, meats and vegetables ... and Wine from Puglia reflect a unique philosophy, "Man is What he Eats!". Wine is not a drink but a food.
- Wine is not just a beverage;
- Wine is a masterpiece of the winemaker;
- Wine is an interesting ambassador;
- Wine is bottled poetry
In 2003, following a long family tradition in Agriculture, Filippo Cassano started an ambitious project aimed to increase the reputation of ‘Primitivo' and other native grapes used for the production of quality wines in his area. For this reason, he bought and restored an old manor house in the rural area of Marchesana, near Gioia del Colle, with significant plantings of remarkable old Primitivo bush vines dating back to between 1860 and 1880.
The term POLVANERA derives from the typical dark colour of the fields surrounding the farmhouse. Next to it there is a modern wine cellar with a traditional stone-built tasting space. The wine cellar has been created in the living rock reaching a maximum depth of 8 meters underground. This Limestone cellar, with constant temperature and humidity during the year is a fitting trademark of our wine's beauty. For this is where POLVANERA wines mature and develop - on their path to becoming Primitivo Gioia del Colle DOC wines.
The grape harvest normally starts during the second week of September. Modern pressing and vinification systems allied to Filippo Cassano's unique blend of solid training in winemaking and innovative brilliance plus his partners' support, are the secrets of the thrilling quality of the estate's certified organic wines.
- RECENSIONE PARKER 2010: Primitivo 16 2010, Primitivo 17 2009
- WINE SPECTATOR 2009- PRIMITIVO 14 2008 (POINT83), PRIMITIVO16 2007 (POINT 86)
- "GOLDENE WEINGLAS" Weinmesse InnSbruck Fiano Minutolo Polvanera Bio 2010, Febbraio 2012
- "Golden medal" Concours Mondial Brussels Minutolo Bianco 2011, Giugno 2012
- "Silver medal" Concours Mondial Brussels Primitivo 16 2008, Giugno 2012
- Vino SLOW; Primitivo 16 2010
- Slow wine 2014, Ottobre 2014
- 3 Bicchieri 2014" in Vini d'Italia 2013, Guida Vini, Primitivo 17, 2010, Agosto 2012
- CLASSIFICA ‘Cento migliori vini d'Italia', Polvanera 17 2011, Settembre 2014.
- "3 Bicchieri 2013" in Vini d'Italia 2013, Guida Vini, Primitivo 17, 2009, Agosto 2012
- Sole 24 Ore "Migliore tra I 10 vini italiani per rapporto Qualità /Prezzo"
- Primitivo 17, 2009, Settembre 2012
- "Medaglia d'oro" Autochtona Award, Bolzano Primitivo 17, 2009, Ottobre 2012
- "Vino di eccellenza" in Vini d'Italia 2011 Guida Vini, Primitivo 17, 2007. Giugno 2010
How to reach Cantine Polvanera:
Put on your GPS coordinates N 40.825475° - E 16.875759°
Would you like to receive a personalized offer?
Let them know your needs writing by mail to email@example.com
You will receive tailored informations to fit your needs direct to your email inbox.
Strada Vicinale Lamie Marchesana, 601
70023 Gioia del Colle (BA)